Sunday, February 12, 2012

Go Daddy Go!

I am so happy for my husband. When we first brought Vanessa home, I was the only one who could feed her. Even then at first it was a struggle. We planned it that way, after a fashion. while she was in the NICU we only had the nurses work with me to teach her to eat, this way one of us was good to go and could teach the other later.

The plan worked, a bit to well. It was incredibly hard for Tom to watch me struggle through feedings, the screaming baby, and the exhaustion. I wanted so much to play with Aileen, but all my energy had to go into Vanessa. I was beat, battered, tired, and so frustrated I cried.. alot.

But for about the last 4 days, Tom has been able to feed Vanessa, sooth her, cuddle her, and rock her to sleep. Even during her peak fussy times in the evening, he has been able to handle her. It makes me so happy! Not just because it gives me a break, but also because it makes him feel better. He is sooo happy he can help, and that his daughter is responding to him in a good way.

Horay for daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment