Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ear tubes

Well, it went smooth as well! Hooray! Yesterday morning, bright and early, I had to be at CHOC/St Josephs 5am for check in and pre-op procedures. At 5:55am she was taken to the OR and by 6:20am she was awake in recovery. Talk about fast! super fast, lightening fast, Dr might be a robot fast. lol

She has ear drops, the name sounds like an antibiotic to me. But the after care specifically says "a fever would not be related to this procedure." Um... if you give an Rx for antibiotics, that means theres a chance of infection right? and infections cause fever. duh. But whatever, she wont get one because she was also on antibiotics orally for the lip repair from Saturday.

She is pulling through all this like a champ. Eats good, crys good, smiles good and wriggles herself out of the "no no" arm bands constantly. I finally just duct taped them to her sleeves last night. Yes, Duct tape... must be a hold over from my SCA days.


I suppose I could have made this some long drawn out post, but really, no need to when things go smooth right?

No comments:

Post a Comment